Hey Friends! Here is one of my favorite salads for this winter season.
This healthy winter salad is delicious, sweet, and comforting. It has a good mix of grains and veggies to keep you filled & well-nourished. Feel free to add a protein to it as well for that extra muscle-building kick!
Daniel and I created this recipe for a Friendsgiving Dinner we had this past week, and it was for sure a winner! It was super simple to make, and we bought all the ingredients in one (last minute–oops!) grocery trip. I hope you guys enjoy our favorite salad for winter!
Healthy Winter Salad Recipe
- 1 large sweet potato ( I used a pre-cut bag from Trader Joe’s!)
- 1 cup roasted almond slivers (I used a bag of honey-roasted ones from Trader Joe’s)
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 cup spinach (optional)
- 1 pack of microwaveable quinoa & brown rice (or 2 cups of a grain of your choice!)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Mix the sweet potatoes, honey, pepper, garlic salt, and extra virgin olive oil in a large bowl
- Pop it in the oven for 45mins (at 20 mins flip over the sweet potatoes so they don’t burn on one side!)
- Cook the brown rice/quinoa (the type I used heated up in 90sec 🙌🏼)
- Once the sweet potatoes are golden brown on the outside and the grains are cooked, let them cool off (I put the grains in the freezer for a couple mins bc I was low on time 😁😋)
- Mix the salad mix, grains, sweet potatoes, and almonds in a large bowl and you’re done! 🌟🤗
Let me know if you try out the recipe via Instagram! I’d love to see your creations 🌟
Much Love & Happy Creating!